The Aesthetica Short Film Competition 2011 is now open for entries! It's a fantastic opportunity to get your work broadcast to a wider audience and Aesthetica are keen to see entries from both new and established filmmakers who are driving short film forward. The winning film receives a fantastic prize package including:
- £500 prize money (apx. $800)
- Screenings at film festivals across the UK, including Rushes Soho Shorts (London), Glasgow Film Festival (Glasgow) and Branchage (Jersey)
- A weekend filmmaking course, courtesy of Raindance
- 12 months membership to Shooting People, the international film network
- Inclusion on a DVD that will be distributed to all Aesthetica readers (60,000 viewers)
The runner-up will also receive £250 (apx. $400), as well as DVD publication. Films should be no longer than 25 minutes but can be any genre including artists' film, music videos, dance films, horror and comedy or anything you can think of!
Entry is £15 per film ($24). No limit to the number of entries permitted. Please visit www.aestheticamagazine.com/shortfilm for more information and to submit. Deadline 31 April 2011.