With the generous support of the Rosaria Haugland Foundation, ABAE has launched a search for a part-time executive director. We’re confident with a little of bit of staff resource we can do even more. If you know of someone who knows how to collaborate, who can get things done, who appreciates the arts and understands business, and who wants to get things done…please let them know about this opportunity.
Job Title: Director, Arts and Business Alliance of Eugene
Accountability: One-year contract through Eugene Chamber of Commerce on behalf of Arts and Business Alliance of Eugene
Position: 25 hours per week, salary negotiable, benefits included
Dated: June, 2011
The Director of the Arts and Business Alliance of Eugene (ABAE) will be responsible for working with the Steering Committee to achieve the ABAE Business Plan http://artsandbusinesseugene.
files.wordpress.com/2011/03/ strategic_timeline_condensed. pdf
1. Administrative Coordination includes oversight and management of the ABAE business plan; working with committee and sub-committee chairs to direct and oversee activities that achieve the goals of the business plan; coordinating the daily business of ABAE in a professional, efficient manner; and acting as the ABAE representative in the community.
2. Execution of ABAE projects and strategic objectives will include sustaining the ABAE five partner structure; developing and maintaining good relationships with business and arts representatives; developing sponsorships; and leveraging earned income from Eugene A Go-Go and other ABAE projects and products.
3. Provide staff and volunteer supervision and related training to put on ABAE events such as the BRAVA Breakfasts, educational workshops, Battle of the Bands, etc.
4. Work with grant writers to submit funding proposals.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Fast learner with strong organizational skills
- Ability to lead, teach and train
- Ability to exercise initiative and judgment and make decisions within scope of assigned responsibilities
- Ability to make others feel comfortable using a positive and professional attitude
- Ability to adapt and be flexible
- Productive and detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in fast paced environment with distractions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to quantify and produce expected results and be responsible for the results of the work.
- Ability to work equally independently with little supervision and with groups.
- Experience with event planning
- Active interest in the arts
- Working on behalf of the Arts and Business Alliance of Eugene steering committee and coordinating that work with key stakeholders, contractors and vendors to produce exceptional services on behalf of Eugene’s arts and business communities.
- Adhering to, and establishing as necessary, policies and procedures for successfully operating in the Chamber of Commerce office environment.
- Reporting to and communicating with the ABAE steering and executive committees on a regular basis.
- Preparing for and attending meetings as required.
- Creating systems for tracking projects, communicating progress, and creating systems/procedures for accountability and operations as needed (i.e., reports, tracking logs, managing budgets and timelines, etc.)
- Using various computer software programs to prepare reports and assigned projects (MS Word, Excel, Outlook software are the primary programs)
- Managing the ABAE website.
- Drafting letters; practicing good public relations; using good listening and people skills; solving daily problems; etc.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years in a coordination, management, development or communications position
- Computer proficiency in web development/maintenance using web content management systems; proficiency in using word processing, presentation software, and spreadsheets; and proficiency in using a variety of online scheduling, project management, and communication tools
- A track record of working independently; proven leadership experience
- Experience in preparing communications and marketing plans
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation
- Experience working within a team atmosphere that includes high-level executives in the public and private sectors
How to Apply:
Send a single electronic file (preferably a PDF file) to artsandbusinesseugene@gmail.
· A letter describing your qualifications and experience as it relates to this position
· Your current resume with phone, address, and email contact information
· The names and contact information for three professional references
The file name on your electronic application should contain YourLastNameABAEDirector.pdf
For example: JonesABAEDirector.pdf
Position is open until filled; application review will begin ASAP.
Beth Tassan for Dave Hauser
Eugene Area Chamber of Commerce
Phone - (541) 242-2356