Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Italian Plein Air Painting Workshop


Please consider joining me for a 13-day plein air painting workshop in Seggiano, Italy (Tuscany).  My name is Jerry Ross and I have exhibited widely in Italy and am known for my "verismo" school of painting that promotes the painting theories of the I Macchiaioli (Tuscan School) who stressed "dal vero", painting from life, and the establishment of the foundational "macchia" (stain) as the compositional structure of a painting.  The cost $2950 covers transportation to Seggiano from Rome airport and all ground transportation to Tuscan hilltowns, room and board at a Tuscan B&B, and instruction.  Students are welcome at any level, using any media although instruction will be in oil paints.  Daily demos will inform students of how to begin a painting using the ideas of the I Macchiaioli school.  The workshop will be limited to 17 students.  Groups are welcome.  Details: http://jerryrosspittore.com/Workshop/Seggiano.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment