The Downtown Initiative for the Visual Arts (DIVA) is seeking an individual who is interested in volunteering for the position of PR Coordinator beginning September, 2012. The PR Coordinator promotes the Center's exhibits, film programs, and arts related events:
- File news releases with the press and media locally and state wide as needed.
- Up date community online calendars
- Post informational mailings to target audiences for events
- Post to content to DIVA Facebook and DIVA UpDate! blog
- Design and prepare promotional posters as needed
- Work with DIVA web coordinator in putting information online
- Ability or organize information in a timely way and prepare press releases to the media.
- Familiarity with e-mail postings and use of mailing lists
- Some basic skills in layout of visual information for promotional posters
- Ability to effectively communicate with DIVA staff, press representatives, and the public
- Have knowledge of graphic design software such as Adobe Creative Suite 6
- One year of volunteer service beginning September, 2012.
- Time required may range from 0-5 hours per week depending on number of events
- Dedication to getting information distributed on specific timelines
Contact: Miriam Jordan, DIVA Board President: firstname.lastname@example.org
DIVA Web site: http://diva.proscenia.net/